[rancid] Re: Rancid and mail with who made the change

David Croft david.croft at infotrek.net
Fri May 16 20:18:28 UTC 2008

Rancid's not really suited for reporting who did what since it runs on
a schedule and multiple people could have logged in since the last
run.

If you don't use tacacs+ but you do have logging set up, I stumbled
across this event manager script somewhere that records all executed
commands to the system log. So if something bad happens you can go
back through the logs to see who did it. Works fine for us to achieve
the same accountability.

event manager applet CLIaccounting
 event cli pattern ".*" sync no skip no
 action 1.0 syslog priority informational msg "$_cli_msg"
 set 2.0 _exit_status 1
!

David