[rancid] Juniper ISG-1000 and nlogin?

Gregory W Zill gregoryzill at solutionary.com
Wed May 14 21:18:47 UTC 2008

I am attempting to get a new Juniper ssg-1000 into our RANCID system. I
have tried both nlogin and jlogin, for netscreen and juniper
respectively. Our RANCID may be a little older, but I seem to be close.

The nlogin seems to want to enable right after logging in:

$ nlogin -c 'get conf' fw

spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l user fw
user at fw's password:
Remote Management Console
NSRPCLUSTER:fw(M)-> can't read "enable": no such variable
     while executing
"if { $enable } {
         if {[do_enable $enauser $enapasswd]} {
             if { $do_command || $do_script } {
                 close; wait
                 continue
             }
         }
     }"
     ("foreach" body line 66)
     invoked from within
"foreach firewall [lrange $argv $i end] {
     set firewall [string tolower $firewall]
     send_user "$firewall\n"

     set prompt ">"

     # Figure out..."
     (file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/nlogin" line 423)

And then jlogin sends back even less debug:

$ jlogin -c 'get conf' fw

spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l user fw
fw at fw's password:
Remote Management Console
NSRPCLUSTER:fwcentrisA(M)->
NSRPCLUSTER:fwcentrisA(M)-> set cli complete-on-space off
                                ^------unknown keyword cli

--
gregory w zill, mba, cissp
Information Security Engineer