[rancid] Re: VLAN portion of rancid-run

Alexander Bochmann ab at lists.gxis.de
Mon Jun 30 16:27:15 UTC 2008

...on Sat, May 31, 2008 at 02:44:05PM +0100, Zarahel wrote:

 > I?ve seen alot of inputs, but the problem remains. The Revisions continue to
 > increase randomly because of Vlan terminal Output. I don?t know how to solve
 > this..

Just writing (a month late) to note that terminal width
is not the only reason for this problem to occur:

show vlan output also changes when a switchport changes it's
state (a device attached to a switchport is (dis)connected
between rancid runs).

This can make using rancid to collect data from access
switches quite a nuisance.

Alex.