[rancid] Re: Email notifications

Steve Ousley steve at host-it.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 12:27:39 UTC 2008

OK, upon further investigation, it wasn't in fact cron that was failing.
The cron was running the script no problems, however having implemented a
new script that also backs the configs up, we hadn't added the "rancid-run"
command to this (it takes a little while to run, and wanted to know it would
copy the files ok).

I think your solution (with this in mind) is the best way to go about it.
Since that will also report if cron fails, OR if rancid-run fails.

Is there a file that gets updated every time rancid runs? Or is it best to
simply add in something like:

echo "" >> /path/to/rancid/did.it.run

so that when it runs, it will update that file, and therefore the
modification time on that file.

You think this would be the best way?

Steve Ousley - SO620-RIPE