[rancid] CVS Problem? Rancid continually gives error "Assertion failed: key != NULL, file hash.c, line 317"

Max Palatnik mpalatnik at wustl.edu
Mon Jun 9 04:09:28 UTC 2008

Hi all,

 I just added two new managment vlans to rancid and had it run through
and poll the switches.  On one subnet it did absolutely fine.  On the
other -- we continually get the following error lines:

Trying to get all of the configs.
All routers sucessfully completed.

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs diff: configs/cd-wohl-0.nts.wustl.edu is a new entry, no comparison
available
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs
Assertion failed: key != NULL, file hash.c, line 317
cvs [commit aborted]: received abort signal

The process fails and it seems to start from scratch as if the switches
had never once been contacted.  It seems like this is a CVS problem and
I did a google search around and though the error pops up there doesn't
seem to be a clear fix.  I tried deleting and recreating the group but
that lead me to this same problem. I am by no means a CVS expert, so
please don't hesitate to mention even the silliest suggestions should
they apply here.

Cheers,
 Max