[rancid] Re: clogin password

Smirnoff Alexander asmirnoff at gldn.net
Thu Jul 31 09:29:45 UTC 2008

Thanx a lot - it really what I need.

-----Original Message-----
From: dale.shaw at gmail.com [mailto:dale.shaw at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Dale
Shaw
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:44 PM
To: Smirnoff Alexander
Cc: rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
Subject: Re: [rancid] Re: clogin password

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Smirnoff Alexander
<asmirnoff at gldn.net> wrote:

> I try to explain more. For example I have 3 cisco routers. All have
same
> password and username, but one router ask only password. Now I use
this
> .clorginrc:
>
> #all routers
> add user * user
> add password * password enablepassword
>
> And RANCID can login only to 2 cisco's what ask username, third cisco
> ask only password, and RANCID can't login.
>
> What I need to change in .cloginrc for login to third Cisco?

I think you probably want:

add user * {alexander}
add userpassword * {alexanderpasswd}
add password * {vtypasswd} {enablepwd}

If the router gives a Username: prompt, it'll enter Username:
alexander and Password: alexanderpasswd, then go into enable mode with
"enablepwd". If it doesn't prompt for Username:, it'll just enter
"vtypasswd", then go into enable mode with "enablepwd".

cheers,
Dale