[rancid] Incomplete output

Justin Lambert jlambert at ften.com
Wed Jul 9 17:56:01 UTC 2008

I am trying to set up rancid and must be missing something simple.  This is a manual run with clogin using expect 5.43 compiled with the expect-hack1.  Destination switch is a Cisco 3020 (blade chassis switch).

~$ clogin -t 90 -c"show running-config write term""

The output I get for both commands is:
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 159 bytes
!
! Last configuration change at 18:07:19 EDT Wed Jul 9 2008 by jlambert
! NVRAM config last updated at 13:40:03 EDT Wed Jul 9 2008 by jlambert
!
!
!
!
!
end

I tried adding 'terminal length 0' to the start of the clogin command hoping maybe that would be sufficient to print out the whole config without hanging on a 'more', but to no avail.  I ran expect -d <....> and didn't see anything in the output that looked wrong.   Is this related to the expect issues that for some reason are still manifesting itself on my machine?  I have tried this on my gentoo machine and on a CentoOS 5.2 machine.

Thanks,
Justin