[rancid] Re: Cisco PIX / ASA Activation key ?

Brian Ipsen bi at rackpeople.dk
Tue Jan 29 21:35:37 UTC 2008

Hi

 The reason for my question is that I just had an ASA5505, which (for some weird reason) corrupted the flash drive, so I had to reformat/initialize it. When booting the device, the activation key was zeroized...  Not a problem for the specific device, since it is a 10-user without any additional features... But it would have been disappointing, if it had been an unlimited users version, maybe with the software that also allows trunking etc (since there's a cost for the software license)..

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Brian Ipsen