[rancid] Re: Using RANCID with an SSH tunnel

Chris Gauthier cgauthie at pcc.edu
Tue Jan 22 22:35:21 UTC 2008

I'm not sure how well using Perl to set up your ssh tunnel then execute
rancid would work.  I think you might do better if you wrote an expect
script or some form of a shell script that then called rancid.  I am not
a programmer by trade, so I m certainly not the most expert person here,
but those are my opinion of how you might be more efficient.  Btw,
rancid is written using the Perl and Expect languages.

Chris

--
Chris Gauthier, CCNA, Network+, A+
Network Administration Team

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
--Leonardo da Vinci