[rancid] Foundry Switches

adam amith tuosu29 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 18:50:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

  I am having problem with foundry configuration backup using RANCID -
  Foundry - FES12GCF
  Software version - 03.5
  I am able to use the flogin and go directly to enable mode.
  When i run - ./rancid-run and then check the logs i get the following message -

  cvs status: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs status: use `cvs add' to create an entry for 172.26.144.67
cvs add: in directory .:
cvs [add aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first
CVS added missing router 172.26.144.67

Trying to get all of the configs.
172.26.144.67: End of run not found
Error: TIMEOUT reached
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
172.26.144.67: End of run not found
Error: TIMEOUT reached
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
172.26.144.67: End of run not found
Error: TIMEOUT reached
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
172.26.144.67: End of run not found
Error: TIMEOUT reached
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
172.26.144.67: End of run not found
Error: TIMEOUT reached
  cvs diff: in directory .:
cvs [diff aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first
cvs commit: in directory .:
cvs [commit aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

  when i go to the config folder there file is empty.

  On the foundry device itself i see that RANCID has loged in through telnet and logged out through telnet.

  Please help since i saw some foundry related issue with temperature settings.

  Thanks,