[rancid] cloginrc

Joshua Krause forums at triadbiz.rr.com
Tue Jan 15 22:03:31 UTC 2008

I have a question about the .cloginrc file.  I have a number of switches
that I am currently backing up the configs with and would like to add my pix
firewalls.  Currently I have this in my cloginrc file:

## Routers and Switches

add user *              user

add password *          {password}

add autoenable *        1

And I was going to add this for the pix firewalls that used ssh:

## Pix Firewalls

add password gsonc-spg-pix*    {radius pass}        {enablepass}

add method gsonc-spg-pix*      ssh

add password *501     {radius pass}        {enablepass}

add method *501       ssh

So my config looks like this now:

## Routers and Switches

add user *              user

add password *          {password}

add autoenable *        1

## Pix Firewalls

add password gsonc-spg-pix*    {radius pass}        {enablepass}

add method gsonc-spg-pix*      ssh

add password *501     {radius pass}        {enablepass}

add method *501       ssh

But my logfile says that the pixes are timeing out at login.  Can someone
help me out with this?

Thanks,

Josh