[rancid] RANCID with HP Procurve 4100g

Andy Swanson andyswanson at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 21:01:58 UTC 2008

I know this is not a new topic as I have seem questions on this before...
However, I cant seem to get rancid to work with HP Procurve switches using
ssh. I am getting the infamous banner :

HP J4887A ProCurve Switch 4104GL
Firmware revision G.07.70

Copyright (C) 1991-2005 Hewlett-Packard Co.  All Rights Reserved.

                           RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

 Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to
restrictions
 as set forth in subdivision (b) (3) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data
and
 Computer Software clause at 52.227-7013.

         HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY, 3000 Hanover St., Palo Alto, CA 94303

Press any key to continue

I know that the newer version of rancid is supposed to have fixed this but I
still cant get it to work... I have trying to get this to work for weeks but
it just will time out trying to get past this banner.. Does anybody have any
idea how I can get around this, so I can use ssh??

Thanks for any help!!

Andrew