[rancid] HP 5300/5400/3500 TIMEOUT reached error with hlogin

Cedric Both cedric at prolocation.net
Mon Feb 4 15:39:55 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'm having troubles with hlogin and the HP 5300/5400/3500 series.

I've applied the patch that I found in the mailinglist from last january
2008 to hlogin.in, but it still isn't working.

when I do:  /usr/local/rancid/bin/hlogin -noenable -c "show version"  I go
throug the username and password promt, But it hangs on the normal  prompt,
and after a few seconds I get a timeout error.

Here is the output:

[rancid@ infra10 ~]$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/hlogin -noenable -c "show
version; exit" 192.168.244.2

192.168.244.2

spawn hpuifilter -- telnet 192.168.244.2

Trying 192.168.244.2...

Connected to 192.168.244.2.

Escape character is '^]'.

ProCurve J8697A Switch 5406zl

Software revision K.12.43

Copyright (C) 1991-2007 Hewlett-Packard Co.  All Rights Reserved.

                           RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

 Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to
restrictions

 as set forth in subdivision (b) (3) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data
and

 Computer Software clause at 52.227-7013.

         HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY, 3000 Hanover St., Palo Alto, CA 94303

We'd like to keep you up to date about:

  * Software feature updates

  * New product announcements

  * Special events

Please register your products now at:  www.ProCurve.com

Press any key to continuePassword:

MER-Switch#

Error: TIMEOUT reached

I think it's because the no paging option does not work. Any input on this
problem ?

Kind regards,

Cedric Both

Prolocation B.V.