[rancid] .clogin question

Todd Heide Todd at equivoice.com
Mon Dec 29 20:27:08 UTC 2008

Is it possible to have the cloginrc first check username/password and
then password for all devices?

Reason I ask is we have several hundred devices that Rancid backed up,
but our master Tacacs server went poof, and we replaced it with Cisco
ACS, but not all the devices are on the new system, in fact only about
15% of them are. Problem is now that they aren't on Tacacs, I have an
either or condition, either I  backup those that accept standard
password authentication, or those with Tacacs authentication.

Can it be setup to try both for all devices, except firewalls of course.

Thanks

Todd