[rancid] Re: bypassing splash screen on HP ProCurve 3500

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Fri Dec 5 19:28:20 UTC 2008

On 12/5/08 9:45 AM, john heasley wrote:
> Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 09:25:40PM -0800, David Newman:
>> Running Rancid 2.3.1_3 on FreeBSD 7 from ports, and having difficulty
>> grabbing configs from an HP ProCurve 3500yl switch because of the splash
>> screen the switch displays at login.
>>
>> I've pasted below the switch info from .cloginrc.
>>
>> Is there a workaround to get beyond the switch's initial splash screen?
>
> What is the splash screen?  my hp2524 has one, but hrancid passes it just
> fine.

$ ssh -l admin hp3500-1-2-3-4

ProCurve J8693A Switch 3500yl-48G
Software revision K.13.25

Copyright (C) 1991-2008 Hewlett-Packard Co.  All Rights Reserved.

                           RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

 Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to
restrictions
 as set forth in subdivision (b) (3) (ii) of the Rights in Technical
Data and
 Computer Software clause at 52.227-7013.

         HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY, 3000 Hanover St., Palo Alto, CA 94303

Press any key to continue

> I presume you've defined it as device type 'hp' in router.db.

Yes.

rancid-run completes, but with a zero-length config file for this switch.

Do you have that 'Press any key to continue' bit on your 2524?

thanks

dn