[rancid] Setting up new instance of Rancid

Steve Ousley steve at host-it.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 09:48:54 UTC 2008

Hi

We have the requirement to setup a second copy of Rancid.  I have done this,
however it all seems to work except the CVS part.  I have tried running
rancid-cvs, however this doesn't create the CVS groups as expected.

I have the LIST_OF_GROUPS setup, and can see that the groups have been
created in /usr/local/rancid/var but can only see CVSROOT in the CVS folder
here, where on the current install we can see the groups as well.

Anyone got any ideas where I can look to diagnose what is causing this?

I can see the following in the log for a router that Rancid has downloaded
the config for:

[logfile]

starting: Fri Aug 29 11:43:16 BST 2008

cvs status: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

cvs status: use `cvs add' to create an entry for `<firewall>'

cvs add: in directory `.':

cvs [add aborted]: there is no version here; do `cvs checkout' first

CVS added missing router <firewall>

Trying to get all of the configs.

All routers sucessfully completed.

cvs diff: in directory .:

cvs [diff aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

cvs commit: in directory .:

cvs [commit aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

ending: Fri Aug 29 11:43:28 BST 2008

[/logfile]

Regards

Steve Ousley - SO620-RIPE

Nuco Technologies Ltd

 <mailto:steve at host-it.co.uk> steve at host-it.co.uk

 <http://www.nucotechnologies.com/> www.nucotechnologies.com

Tel. 0870 165 1300

Nuco Technologies Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 04470751