[rancid] Re: hlogin script to ProCurve 2650

Steve Ousley steve at host-it.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 08:16:24 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr. James W. Laferriere [mailto:babydr at baby-dragons.com]
Sent: 04 August 2008 20:09
To: Steve Ousley
Cc: rancid
Subject: Re: [rancid] hlogin script to ProCurve 2650

>Please see both of the attachments .  One is a patch to Rancid's hlogin
command that will appease the 'Press any key' gods ,
>Tho Mr. john heasley has a better approach that would basically do the same
thing .  The second is a method to get a ProCurve
>(of the version specified) back from Menu Mode .  Tho it does not look like
you need that help .

Thanks for this James, I will have a look at this, as you say, doesn't look
like the switch is in menu mode, so that doesn't look to be what I need to
do.  I may wait a week or so, to see if anything else appears (It is not
critical that this switch gets backed up immediately), if not, maybe apply
the patch (is it possible to undo this, or should I backup the rancid
directory?).

>I'm no help to you here ,  Also be patient ,  wait a good while before
getting upset about not geeing responses ,
>Many on this list will respond eventually they are all extremely busy .

Yep, I understand this, I usually take no answer as an "I don't know the
answer", and as this is probably a bit of a strange request, I can see that
it may also be requested by a few others.  We shall see what happens with
this one I suppose. :)

Thanks again.

Steve