[rancid] Re: Device not issuing and "End"

Tue Apr 29 19:09:08 UTC 2008

In my quick glance at the source code this has puzzled me. It looks like
RANCID either looks for a specific line to mark the end of the config,
or in some cases (i.e. Content Engines) it just believes that if it gets
more than 4 lines it's complete.

Is there any reason it doesn't look for the prompt to re-appear? Does
this not work in all cases?

Sam