[rancid] Run Rancid and with output to terminal

Sam Barnard sbarnard at govolution.com
Thu Apr 17 20:54:14 UTC 2008

Is there a way to run rancid-run with output to the terminal?

I am not getting any output or error messages to the logs other than:

starting: Thu Apr 17 16:38:31 EDT 2008

ending: Thu Apr 17 16:38:31 EDT 2008

I can manually run clogin to each device:

[rancid at ashp-mon03 ~]$ bin/clogin BRRTR02
brrtr02
spawn telnet brrtr02
Trying <ADDRESS>...
telnet: connect to address <ADDRESS>: Connection refused
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid brrtr02
  UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS PROHIBITED. DISCONNECT NOW ! rancid at brrtr02's
password:
  UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS PROHIBITED. DISCONNECT NOW!
BRRTR02#

rancid run doesnt seem to do anything tough.  Routers.db looks like
this:

BRRTR01:cisco:up
BRRTR02:cisco:up
6509a:cisco:up
6509b:cisco:up

But mainly I want to see where it is choking, so is there a way to run
rancid-run with output to the terminal?

Thanks,

Sam Barnard
Systems Engineer