[rancid] Probelms gettin PIX 501 Version 6.3(5) configuration

Alex Malberty alex.malberty at babycenter.com
Mon Apr 14 17:53:15 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble trying to get the configuration of a PIX 501 Version
6.3(5). I am using an enable user with limited privileges to access the
firewall. This only happens when I use the user with limited privileges
on the firewall. If I use enable level 15 I can get the config and check
it out in SVN. Does anybody know what permissions are needed to allow a
user to pull the running config info? Below are the logs when I run
rancid-run

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Trying to get all of the configs.
pa-fw-501: End of run not found
: end
la-fw-501 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
la-fw-501: missed cmd(s): admin show diag,dir /all slavedisk2:,show rsp
chassis-info,dir /all sec-slot2:,show diag,dir /all disk1:,show gsr
chassis,dir /all sec-nvram:,show diag chassis-info,dir /all disk2:,dir
/all sec-bootflash:,show spe version,dir /all slaveslot2:,dir /all
disk0:,show install active,show bootvar,dir /all slaveslot0:,dir /all
sec-slot1:,dir /all harddiska:,dir /all slavenvram:,show flash,dir /all
sec-disk2:,dir /all slavesup-bootflash:,dir /all sec-disk0:,dir /all
harddiskb:,show variables boot,show boot,show inventory raw,dir /all
slavedisk1:,show env all,show module,admin show env all,show
controllers,admin show version,show diagbus,dir /all slavedisk0:,show
debug,show idprom backplane,dir /all bootflash:,dir /all sec-slot0:,dir
/all sec-disk1:,write term,show vtp status,dir /all sup-bootflash:,dir
/all slot2:,dir /all harddisk:,dir /all slot0:,dir /all
sup-microcode:,show vlan,dir /all slavebootflash:,show controllers
cbus,dir /all slaveslot1:,dir /all nvram:,show version,show
vlan-switch,admin show variables boot,show redundancy secondary,show
running-config,show c7200,dir /all slot1:
la-fw-501: End of run not found
!

Alejandro A. Malberty
Systems Administrator
Engineering
BabyCenter, LLC

amalberty at babycenter.com
p:  415.344.7626

 <http://www.babycenter.com>

http://www.babycenter.com

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.