[rancid] Cisco IPS V5.X & Rancid

rancid at dangermen.com rancid at dangermen.com
Mon May 7 01:11:26 UTC 2007

I am working on writing a RANCID interpretter for Cisco's IPS V5.X/6.X
line.  I have a modified clogin and have writen the ciscoips subsystem.
The issue I have is that I can manually run the debug file just fine.
However, clogin reports 'Error: EOF received' and dumps out.  Cisco's IPS
accepts the username from SSH but does not prompt again for it.  So my one
modification allows my ciscoips subsystem to tell clogin not to send the
username.  In any case, I'm at a loss as to why I would be getting 'Error:
EOF received'.  If I run the ciscoips -d hostname, I don't see it.
However, if I add it to the router.db, then I get the error message.  Any
backround on the clogin EOF error would be much appreciated.

Thanks