[rancid] Pulling down context configs from a Cisco FWSM

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Mon Mar 26 15:02:36 UTC 2007

Does anyone have any tricks for using RANCID to pull down Cisco firewall
(Pix/ASA or FWSM) contexts to stuff them into CVS?  I don't know when a
contexts has been added so I would expect the script would have to
connect to the admin context, changeto the system context and then run
"show contexts" and parse the output of the first column to find out
what contexts are available.  It would then have to changeto each
context, pull down the data and move on to the next context.  For that
matter I'd like to get the content of the system context as well.

Does anyone have any tricks for working with firewalls that have more
than one context?  I'm guessing that I'm not the only person with such a
beast. :-)

Thanks
  Justin