[rancid] Re: accessing routers from another router

Mike Ashcraft mashcraft at omniture.com
Fri Mar 2 17:35:36 UTC 2007

It looks like you still have problems in your .cloginrc file.

Make sure that you can login using clogin/nlogin/jlogin as appropriate to every device with only the hostname as an option.  Work through each device, one at a time.  You may need to set username, password, autoenable, method and other options (all documented in the .cloginrc file) specifically for each device instead of using wildcards.

For example as the rancid user, the following command should log you in and allow you to run commands on the device:

$ clogin 10.100.16.140

Once this is done for all devices, and they have the right device type in router.db so that they use the right script, you should be set.

Mike