[rancid] Re: Rancid End Of Run Problem

David Luyer david+rancid at luyer.net
Mon Jul 2 16:24:42 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> I have problem getting the backup configuration for the following
> router. The below message keeps appearing after I have run the "rancid
> -d gbon" command. This is a cisco router. This router name is in the
> router.db file. This problem appears after I have manually removed the
> gbon router configuration file from the configs directory.
>
> gbon: End of run not found
>
> Any clues to solve this problem.

You need to post more of the error.

If that's the only error message, then it's probably getting a 'command
authorization failed' for 'write term' (causes that message without any
skipped command messages), and the patch I sent here recently will stop
the error.

But more likely, you're getting more error messages (such as a list of
skipped commands).  If you look at the first line of the output of the
'rancid -d gbon', it will be a 'clogin ....' line, if you run that, you
will probably be able to spot what is going wrong.

David.