[rancid] Re: Rancid - clogin -hangs on a cisco router

Lourdes Llorente lllorente at amadeus.com
Tue Jan 23 16:16:13 UTC 2007

Hi John,

I tried to applied but I did not suceed compiling it.

Do you know where I could get the expect with the patch applied already
compiled for sparc solaris 8 ?

Thanks,
Lourdes

john heasley <heas at shrubbery.net>
Jeremy McCourt <jmccourt at jeremymccourt.com>
cc
rancid-discuss <rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net>
bcc

Subject

Sent by: rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net
01/23/07 05:08 PM

Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:39:54PM -0700, Jeremy McCourt:
> I had an issue with this recently as well, only every now and then I
> would get a complete router config.
> For me my issue happened to be a switch port was set to auto-negotiate
> and the gateway firewall wasn't, this was causing some major network
> slowdowns and rancid would eventually timeout.

"timeout".  that is important; it should not hang.  if it is in fact
hanging, have you applied the expect patch for solaris that is linked on
rancid web page?