[rancid] Re: CISCO switches getting TIMEOUTs

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Tue Jan 16 23:29:42 UTC 2007

On 17.01.2007 00:23 Lance wrote

> Are you using clogin for the cisco switches?

As far as I remember you should see a double prompt, i.e. something like

	C45328SHEFFIELDSW1#
	C45328SHEFFIELDSW1#

Toggle autoenable to see if you get different results

hth, Arnold

>     Error: TIMEOUT reached
>     [smadmin at dcoc2v configs]$ sh ver
>     ver: ver: No such file or directory
>     [smadmin at dcoc2v configs]$
>
>     As you can see i try to do the "show version" command but nothing
>     happens. Funny thing is after i get the TIMEOUT error my command
>     seems to be echoed to my unix prompt.
>
>     Any ideas guys.
>     --
>     Best regards
>     Stephane Malo
>     514-963-6256
>     "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a
>     different result."

Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299
mobile: +49 172 2650958         fax: +49 6224 9259 333