[rancid] Re: Dell switch support

Terry Kennedy terry at tmk.com
Fri Jan 5 02:05:10 UTC 2007

> Anyone interested in a bounty for adding Dell switch support to Rancid? I
> have several specific models that I need support for and would be willing to
> make it worth someone's time. How about $750 for implementing support for a
> few different models (I'll give specific model #'s)? Of course any patches
> implemented can go back out into the main branch of code as well. Please let
> me know ASAP if you are interested. Thanks!

  Almost all of the commodity switches that have a "Cisco-like" command inter-
face use software from a company called LVL7. That includes the Dell ones, Net-
gear, etc.

  It should be possible to support all of them with this type of module.

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry at tmk.com             New York, NY USA