[rancid] removing device

Bob Peck bpeck at chimesnet.com
Mon Feb 26 15:34:09 UTC 2007

Whats the best practice for removing a device out of rancid.

This is what I did to remove one switch that was no longer in production.

I removed device login from .cloginrc, then I removed device from
rancid.db, then I moved device CVS config into the Attic directory,
lastly the device config I deleted since I don't need.  After I did this
I'm getting following error in log for the past several days as well as
rancid keeps sending emails of changes I made last week...

I'm wondering if I need to run a script after the manual removal... I'm
not rancid savy...

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
*cvs diff: cannot find configs/gige-core4.level3.chc-chimes.com*
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs
*cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for
`configs/gige-core4.level3.chc-chimes.com'
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!*

Thanks for any help...

--
Bob Peck
Network Architect