[rancid] Setting $OLDTIME per RANCID group or device

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Dec 20 01:24:10 UTC 2007

I have a need to define $OLDTIME (or disabling the feature) per group or
individual device.  I have a number of unreliable remote sites (owner
residences, roving demo kits, etc) that are only up occasionally.  I'd
like to not get the alerts from RANCID for just those particular device
or the RANCID group that the devices belong to.  Is there an easy way to
do this?  If it helps, I poll individual groups with rancid-run rather
than simply running rancid-run with no arguments.  ie,

0 */1 * * * rancid-run abc
0 */1 * * * rancid-run def
0 */1 * * * rancid-run remote

Can I simply define $OLDTIME on the CLI in my crontab on the specific
crontab entries that need to be changed and then let the default OLDTIME
in the config file take over to all the other entries?

Thanks
  Justin