[rancid] Re: distributed RANCID setup

John Adams jadams at eline.com
Tue Oct 17 19:24:24 UTC 2006

You should be able to implement this pretty easily if you can get all of
your remote sites to access the CVS server. Instead of checking in the cvs
tree locally, you set CVSROOT To be the remote CVS server, and checkin/out
from there.

You can also run CVS over ssh with shared keys for additional security.

Read here for details on using CVS over SSH.

http://cvs.ecoinformatics.org/HOWTO-cvs-over-ssh.html

If you can't do this and you have to resync all of the repositories with the
master one by hand, it's going to involve quite a bit of scripting and work.

-john