[rancid] router scripting question

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Tue Nov 21 15:13:36 UTC 2006

I need a script to dig information out of a Cisco router for a particular
ATM VC.  The end user will supply the DSL customer's username, and the
script would then run "show users", dig out the username and corresponding
virtual-interface, run "show interface" to dig out the corresponding ATM
VC, and then run some diagnostic commands (like OAM ping, or look at
the interface counters).

Has anyone written a script like this that does two or three steps
of digging and extracting information?  I haven't done much coding with
Expect and would like to start with a working example.

Thanks,

	-- Ed