[rancid] config fetcher problems - networking

Sam Barnard sbarnard at govolution.com
Fri Nov 10 20:53:54 UTC 2006

I get this for my secondary firewall, however I do not get the same
message for the primary firewall in the same network.  Both are
Netscreen 204s with a 5.0 screen OS.  The rancid user is a tacacs user
and is using the same login information on all.  Besides a different IP
and hostname there really should not be any differences between the
firewalls.  Any ideas as to what causes this.

I can login as rancid to the box and dump the config manually using "get
conf".  Is there a setting either on the netscreen or in rancid.

This firewall is currently a slave to the one that works just fine.

Thanks,

Sam Barnard
Systems Administrator/Engineer
Govolution LLC