[rancid] PIX - pager and shun?

William Yardley rancid at veggiechinese.net
Tue Nov 7 22:44:27 UTC 2006

I noticed the following comment in clogin:

 # the pager can not be turned off on the PIX, so we have to look
 # for the "More" prompt.

I don't know which version that's based on, but with version 6.3(5), you
can do:

 # no pager

to disable paging.

I'm pretty sure that Extreme can disable this with "disable clipaging",
and this has even been pointed out on the rancid list.
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2005-January.txt

On an unrelated note, is there any (easy) way to get Rancid to keep
track of the shun list (sh shun) on a PIX, or would I have to make the
necessary changes myself? If the latter, would there be interest in such
a feature?