[rancid] Re: ignore certain diff's

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Fri Jun 16 18:13:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 06:25:10PM +0200, Erik Wenzel wrote:
> Ok, I have written together a patch[0] for v2.3.1 based on all
> information in this thread. Test and comment the patch, please.
>
> [0] http://gpl.code.de/rancid/diff-suppress-2.3.1-2.patch

	No comment about whether or not the code works (I'm sure it
probably does) but it seems excessively complex for direct inclusion
into control_rancid.
	Heas made a comment about having a diff script. That seems like a
pretty good idea. If we did that we could do something like:

# Diff the directory and then checkin.
trap 'rm -fr $TMP $TMP.diff $DIR/routers.single;' 1 2 15
cd $DIR

# Difftool runs cvs diff using a configurable diff version, munging
# output to strip superfluous data.
difftool > $TMP.diff

if [ -s $TMP.diff ]; then
  sendmail -t <<EMAIL

	... and all the logic about which diff executable and what we
grep for would be externalized.

	Austin