[rancid] Re: Monitoring Route Table with RANCID.

David LaPorte david_laporte at harvard.edu
Wed Jul 19 18:50:12 UTC 2006

We've been pulling interior routing tables (static, connected, ospf,
rip, igrp, eigrp) on all our routers to allow us to monitor route
changes and (more importantly) build a network topology off the RANCID data.

The key is, if I remember correctly, to strip out the time values in the
routes or you'll pick them up in a diff every hour.  I can supply our
diffs if anyone is interested.

Dave