[rancid] Redback timeouts lockout admin accounts

Gary L Roberts groberts at hcis.net
Mon Jul 17 15:42:43 UTC 2006

Hello All,
I have an issue trying to run RANCID on a Redback SmartEdge 400.
Running ./clogin produces this output:

[rancid at Rancid bin]$ ./clogin 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
10.xxx.xxx.xxx
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l adminlogin 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
adminlogin at 10.xxx.xxx.xxx's password:
[local]REDBACK#show config

Error: TIMEOUT reached
[rancid at Rancid bin]$ show config
bash: show: command not found

Redback only allows so many admin sessions at one time to be logged into
the system.
And since RANCID errors out, it is not closing the ssh session. so after
1 days time, it completely locks out remote access to the router.
I've removed the equipment from my router.db until a solution is found,
,but i am at a loss as to where to begin,
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Gary