really aweful naming convention I dislike

Justin Grote justin at grote.name
Fri Jan 13 02:51:14 UTC 2006

Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:

> I really love what rancid is doing for me, but I just cannot tell the
> company that I am contracting for that I have installed a program
> called rancid that logs into all their routers regulary and gathers
> config files.
>
> I have changed the user that rancid runs as to "NetConfig"
>
> my .02$
>
> keep up the good work. mebbe one day someone will think of a better
> acronym.

Do your employers also get offended that you run an Apache web server?
Or maybe that you want their servers to run on a LAMP? Or that you hired
an assassin for their spam?  How about running their mission critical
java apps on the back of a Tomcat?

Just teasing, your point is well understood :)

You could leave off the really awesome new part and just call it Cid,
for Cisco Internet Differ (or Configuration Internet Differ to be more
general)

--
Justin Grote
Network Architect