RANCID login info

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Feb 24 06:32:04 UTC 2006

Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:13:07PM +0800, Kanagaraj Krishna:
> Hi,
>      I'm currently having RANCID for my config management and have it to run every 6 hours. I have a few questions:
>
> - I realise that RANCID keeps only the latest/last config for each device after running differ. It would pose a problem,  if i want to do configuration fallback to a few days back.  Is there a way to keep backups of the full config, each time the differ runs.

It essentially keeps every collection.  Please see cvs's -r option and the
CVS tutorial mentioned in the FAQ.

> - How can I upload the config straight to a device (minus other output info like sh version, sh vlan etc, which is also in the backup file)?

non-config lines are commented, so you do not need to remove them, the device
should ignore them.  or, just pipe it through sed; sed -e '/^!/d'.