Rancid SVN support available in 2.3.2a3

Justin Grote justin at grote.name
Tue Feb 7 17:10:52 UTC 2006

Greetings,

This has been true for a while but I still get enough emails about my
old patch to clarify.

As of 2.3.2a3 (and possibly earlier) subversion support has been added
to the mainline rancid releases. Just get 2.3.2a3, install it, and in
rancid.conf, change the RCSYS variable from cvs to svn. Everything else
should work just the same, only it'll save to a subversion backend
rather than cvs (which has *many* advantages).

and now for an uber-disclaimer:

***THIS WILL NOT AUTOMAGICALLY CONVERT A CVS RANCID REPOSITORY TO
SUBVERSION. You must first convert an existing cvs repository using a
tool like cvs2svn before using it with rancid subversion. TRYING TO USE
AN EXISTING CVS REPOSITORY DIRECTLY WITH SUBVERSION TURNED ON WILL
LIKELY HOSE YOUR CVS REPOSITORY. You have been warned.***

--
Justin Grote
Network Architect