[rancid] Re: "svn warning - <router> is already under version control" message while running the rancid-run -r <router>

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Dec 9 02:32:10 UTC 2006

Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 11:54:10AM +0100, Atle ?stb?:
> Hi
>
> I have try to use rancid to take care of the configuration changes for our routers.
>
> I export an node list from our HP OpenView NNM and build an list of over 5000 cisco routers.
>
> The rancid starting: Tue Dec 5 23:00:01 CET 2006 - and was finish: ending: Thu Dec 7 05:22:23 CET 2006
>
> It's take a long time to build the svn repository - it use nearly 24 hours to do that. I don't know why this take so longe time.

I think you should be asking yourself why this so slow.  Is your system's
directly cache too small?  Disk performance problems?  Is there contention
for locks on the svn database?

You might also ask yourself if 5000 devices in a single group is a good
design.  Seems like that would produce rather overwhelming diffs.

> Is there any way to perform the rancid to get config from one router without check in all of them, only get the new config from the -r <router> ?

Not with the current code.