[rancid] rancid-run -r <device name>

Atle Østbø Atle.Ostbo at tdcsong.no
Fri Dec 8 10:33:34 UTC 2006

Hi

I have set up swatch (sylog watcher) to look after config canges messages from our routers in the network.

When an message with /SYS-5-CONFIG_I/ message is detected in the logfile it will start the script /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-run <device name>

The problem is the rancid want to update the status for all of the config files before it will start the downloading the new configuration of the <device name>.
(when you have 5000+ config files it take a long time to get the updated configuration checked in)

Is it possible to only do the following when -r <device name> are spesified:

- download config for the <device name>
- comit the new config file for the <device name>

Med vennlig hilsen/Best regards

Atle Østbø

Network Services

TDC Song AS