[rancid] Re: problem running command files on Netscreens using nlogin - x

psmith at metafore.ca psmith at metafore.ca
Thu Aug 31 00:25:52 UTC 2006

I did try using the -x first, and got the exact same results once it hit a
line that contained the first vrouter changes, which below is set vrouter
"untrust-vr".

unset interface tunnel.1 ip
unset interface tunnel.2 ip
unset interface untrust track-ip ip
unset interface trust dhcp server option dns1
set vrouter "untrust-vr"
unset route  0.0.0.0/0 interface serial
unset route 172.18.125.208/28 vrouter "trust-vr"
exit

Also, in order to get out of a vrouter config on a Netscreen, you must have
the exit command issued. Once rancid sees exit, it quits everything, even
though there is more commands to be run, it was just exiting the router
config mode.

Paul Smith

             john heasley
             <heas at shrubbery.n
             et>                                                        To
                                       psmith at metafore.ca
             08/30/2006 08:13                                           cc
             PM                        rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [rancid] Re: problem running

Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 07:59:05PM -0400, psmith at metafore.ca:
> Hate to reply to myself. but I have figured out something.
>
> It isn't the "" causing the problems, it is the fact that when ScreenOS
> enters a vrouter, the prompt changes.
>
> Here is what happens every time..
>
> host5007->  set policy from "VPN-Zone" to "Trust"  "Any" "Private_LAN"
> "ANY" permit log
> policy id = 17
> host5007->  set policy from "Trust" to "VPN-Zone"  "Private_LAN" "Any"
> "ANY" permit log
> policy id = 18
> host5007->  set vrouter trust-vr
> host5007(trust-vr)->
>
> Once the prompt changes from host-> to host(anything)-> , rancid does not
> process any further commands.
>
> Is there any easy way to fix this? Otherwise, I am unable to run any
> commands involving the routing tables...
>
> Thanks

the login scripts do not handle this ATM.  you can use the -s or -x options
as work-arounds.