[rancid] Re: Unknowns

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 14:03:41 UTC 2006

Gary Roberts wrote:
> Just curious,, when i get my diffs, i see a set of numbers a few lines above,
>
> example: @@ -1325,9 +1325,8 @@
>
> Just what exactly is that telling me? ive tried to decipher some meaning,, ie line , row, . .,etc,
> but it escapes me.
It's generated by diff. It describes the chunk with the changes. '-' is
used for the old file and '+' for the new file. The first number is the
start line of the chunk and second one is the lenght of the chunk.

@@ -old_chunk_start_line,old_chunk_length
+new_chunk_start_line,new_chunk_length

Hope this helps.
bye
	michael
Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart