[rancid] Re: clogin timing out after login

Justin Sherrill jsherrill at currentcomm.net
Tue Aug 22 21:01:37 UTC 2006

> Looks like you go directly into enable mode without having to type in
> enable and the enable password. If you want to keep that on the device
> then you need to set in .cloginrc
> add autoenable ar01 1

(for future edification)

This got me closer.  The other part of the issue is that the banner
message on a number of our switches contains # characters, so clogin
would see those characters, assume it had reached the enabled state and
start firing commands before the device was ready to accept them.

Something else I found in this process: version 6.3(4)120 of the PIX
code has a bug where the enable password can only be blank.  This also
causes a problem.

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
The information in this email may be confidential and/or privileged. This email is intended to be reviewed by only the individual or organization named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete this message from your system.