add method device {ssh} not working

Hopper, Faron W. faron.hopper at capgemini.com
Fri Sep 9 21:05:22 UTC 2005

Hello all,
    I thought I had figured out how to force a device to use ssh with the add method device command.  However, after specifying the add method command in my .cloginrc file, clogin is still using telnet.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

add autoenable    *            {0}
add enauser       *            {user}
add user          *            {user}
add password      *            {pass} {pass}
add method        *            {telnet} {ssh}
add autoenable    206.245.31.*  {1}
add user          206.245.31.*  {kcsc/user}
add password      206.245.31.*  {user}
add method        206.245.31*   {ssh}

..cloginrc: 152 lines, 4403 characters.
fwh at ckcus0002-cfgbak01$ clogin -f ~/.cloginrc -c 'show version' 206.245.31.100
206.245.31.100
spawn telnet 206.245.31.100

thanks,
Faron Hopper