RANCID sending empty 'routers down' messages

Yuval Ben-Ari yuvalba at netvision.net.il
Mon Nov 28 13:12:06 UTC 2005

I have same problem, platform is Linux with rancid 2.3
I found the problem in the list archives and the workaround of adding
fake line like this to router.db stops the false diffs:
FIX_DIFF_BUG:cisco:down
I only have 1 diff version on the machine:
[rancid at ranc1 rancid]$ which diff
/usr/bin/diff
[rancid at ranc1 rancid]$ diff -v
diff (GNU diffutils) 2.8.1