Rivlogin modifications

Mike McHenry mmchenry at lightedge.com
Tue May 24 03:58:44 UTC 2005

Rivlogin is currently in a sad state of functionality that doesn't
support many of the things the newer clogin does; most notably SSH
logins.

I've remedied this on my systems by hacking up the latest version of
clogin to support Riverstone equipment. The new expect script can be
found here

http://colossus.lh.net/rivlogin

Also a patch in "diff -uNr" context

http://colossus.lh.net/rivlogin-vs-clogin.patch

Treat this code as beta quality. However it is working well on my
network of RS3000s/RS38000s running 9.1 code. Any chance we can get this
script into the mainline code releases?

Mike McHenry  (612) 252-2340

 mmchenry at lightedge.com

 Senior Network Engineer

 LightEdge Solutions

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this