RANCID hangs with HP 4104 and 2524

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Mar 31 20:29:19 UTC 2005

AFAIK and as far as rancid is concerned, there are two types of HP
switches; Foundry OEMs and HP.  the foundry OEM boxes use an (even
more twisted) version of Foundry's o/s, but should be of device type
foundry and thus use flogin, not clogin.  The HP switches use ansi
screen controls heavily.  That garbage has to be filtered out for
rancid.  These are of device type hp and use hlogin.

you will have to determine the proper device type from the description
above.  If you still have failures, then please provide a transcript of
a login, eg: hlogin sw_name

if you are using linux or solaris and logins are successful, but you
still get hangs, see the expect patch (hack) on the rancid web page.

Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:52:23AM -0800, Big Wave Dave: