RANCID on Ciscos with autocmd

Erik Wenzel erik at code.de
Tue Jun 7 16:25:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 04:17:58PM +0100, Jee Kay wrote:
> Is there any way to make RANCID be happy on Ciscos with a login
> account that has 'autocmd show running-config' ? I am a bit wary about
> hardcoding a username and password that has privilege 15 access.
>
> Alternatively, does anyone have a config snippet that lowers all the
> 'show run' bits down to a more useable level? All my attempts with
> privilege exec end up in 'show run' simply displaying a blank config.
On lower privileges I got empty "sh run". But it is possible to fetch a
"sh start" with a non 15 privilege. I have written a patch for that.
With this patch your able to activate "CISCO_LOWER_PRIV" and receive
"startup-config"s. Read rancid.conf(5) with the installed patch.

erik at code.de

"I am not a Geek! I shower."