Problem with catalyst 5500

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jun 1 19:58:34 UTC 2005

Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 02:08:53PM +0200, Johan Bergstr?m:
> Hello.
>
> I'm having problems getting all info needed from a bunch of catalyst
> 5500 switches. In my logs I see,
>
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> bf-5505-02: missed cmd(s): write term
> ad-5505-01: missed cmd(s): write term
> ab-5505-01: missed cmd(s): write term
>
> and so on for each switch.
>
> When I'm trying to run the cat5rancid command manually it gives me the
> same errormessage, but if I do:
>
> clogin -c "write term all; write term" bf-5505-01
>
> (as the cat5rancid -d output showed me) it outputs everything as it
> should. So there is no problem with promptcapture or communication, or
> authentication.

there must be something in the configuration that cat5rancid is erroneously
considering a prompt.  run
	% setenv NOPIPE YES
	% cat5rancid -d bf-5505-01

and compare the files bf-5505-01.raw and bf-5505-01.new to see where in the
output cat5rancid stopped processing.